As I was searching the internet for random inspirations, I stumbled across a website where you can create a stoma font using your handwriting. I have always wanted my handwriting to be a font. This website is so simple, all you have to do is print a PDF, write the alphabet, then scan it back into the computer! Thats all it takes! My font turned out very similar to my actually handwriting. (except I normally write with a mix of cursive and print in a random fashion)
Here is what my font ended up like. I used a sharpie so it would show up on the page.
Here are the steps:
1. Download the PDF here – print multiple copies because it might take a couple tries. (I only did it once and forgot a vital punctuation piece.. a period!)
2. carefully write each letter following the guiding lines and boxes. It’s kinda hard to stay in the lines with a sharpie.
3. Scan in the PDF- if you don’t have a scanner, you can download an app on a tablet or smartphone.
4. upload the scanned in PDF and name your font. Then download it!
5. Next, drag your downloaded item into Font Book… and Voila! you have yourself a custom font!
this is so neat!!
Once you save it you can use it just like any other font that comes with your computer. You can even write on photos and screenshots. The only thing you need to remember is to save the word documents as PDFs as well is you want to open them on another computer that lacks your super awesome specially font!
Show me how your fonts turn out, I’d love to see! 🙂