I am an outerwear kind of gal. Being one of those people that’s always freezing makes outerwear a necessity for me, so why not start a collection? I am obsessed with outerwear and believe you can never get enough. If you life in the north, I know you feel my pain for the beautiful but brutal winters here in New England.
7 coat trends to try this fall:
- POLAR VORTEX: think casual, uber cozy and puffy parkas and anoraks with hints of fur.
- FUR SURE: rich fur is making a comeback but in a completely different way. Companies now have found a way to make faux fur identical to the real thing. This luxe textile will be big with not only coats, but also collars, stoles, and even cuffs.
- THAT’S A WRAP: Wrap coats instantly amp up the sophistication factor of any look. These coats are also made of ultra cozy material.
- CAPE CRUSADERS: the dramatic cape has made a comeback once again. Not only in the classics, but also in a myriad of ranges- long, dramatic, and even weatherproof.
- FRINGE FINISH: fringe is everywhere! I cant wait to try out this trend with a fun fringe coat
- BOMBER BLISS: Cozy, functional, and durable… what does this coat not have. I love this silhouette with super warm sherpa wool.
- CREAMY COLOR: colored coats in classic silhouettes are everywhere this fall. Colors are great because even though you may not enjoy the cold weather, a colorful jacket does the trick to instantly brighten someones mood.
What coat type are you most excited to try this fall?
My sister just purchased the light pink pastel coat in the “creamy color” category and I might just have to steal it from her closet because I’m so obsessed with it. I also can’t wait to try the cape coat trend. I have never tried on or had anything like that and I am super excited!