One of my New Year Resolutions is to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I picked this number because the American Heart association says you should walk 10,000 steps a day in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. At school I easily walk 11,000 steps a day just walking to and from my classes, and I almost always reach 15,000 steps on weekends. It’s really hard to reach my goal while I am on break and home from school because it isn’t necessary for me to walk everywhere here.
While I am home, I am constantly trying to think of ways to reach my step goal. It’s so much more challenging since our roads are not easily walkable and very narrow. My favorite way to get my steps in is to walk my dog one or two times a day.
I received a Fitbit Flex as a High School graduation gift and it is one of the most useful gifts I have ever received. This is one of the more inexpensive products in the Fitbit product line. There’s a tracker for every budget, too. The trackers range from around $60- $250. There are even Fitbits designed by designers like Tory Burch so they actually look like a bracelet!
My favorite part about my Fitbit is actually the app that comes along with it. It tells me a variety of things like my steps, miles, calories burned, and active minutes. It even tracks my sleep and will tell me about my quality of sleep. The best part about the app, though, is that you can compete with your friends and see who can get the most amount of steps in a week. Competing with my friends has motivated me to be active on days when I would rather be a couch potato all day.
*this post is not affiliated in any way this Fitbit, I just really love the product :)*
What fitness trackers do you like?
Its been exactly a week since New Years Resolutions have been made. Many of us pick the typical: loose weight, be more active, learn an instrument, or eat more healthy. That was the easy part. Now here comes the hard part- actually keeping those resolutions.
We are all guilty of giving up on our resolutions way too soon. This year lets at least try to stick to them.
Here are my tips on making your resolutions stick:
- Make 5 max. resolutions. A mistake many of us make (I know I always do) is to pick too many resolutions. Overload is never the answer. Pick at most 5 resolutions that you really want to focus on and stick with. By focusing on these, you are less likely to get overwhelmed and able to spend more time on each.
- Make a list once a week of tasks relating to your resolutions. If you want to lose weight, it might be “go to the gym and try 2 different fitness classes.” If you want to learn the guitar, it might be ” learn three chords by Friday.”
- Put it in your calendar. Allot a certain amount of time each day/week to your resolutions. Doing this will help you stay focused and on track for success.
- It’s okay if you don’t complete all of them. I know I always get so stressed out over my resolutions because I want to make sure I do all of them. Thats not the point of them though, they shouldn’t stress you out. They are supposed to help you have goals and have fun throughout the year. So, if you don’t complete all of them, don’t worry.
- Have fun! The point is to have fun and do new things. So go out there are kick butt with your resolutions this year.
What are your New Year Resolutions for 2016?
This morning I browsed Pinterest in hopes of finding a fun and easy breakfast recipe to switch up my every day routine. I always find mouthwatering recipes on Pinterest and today was no different. I found a chocolate hazelnut smoothie bowl recipe but didn’t have all the same ingredients so I altered the recipe to what I had in my fridge and pantry. I do this a lot with recipes and they normally turn out pretty well surprisingly! It only took me about 8 mins to make!
I would recommend this recipe more as a dessert or snack rather than breakfast. It is a little too sweet for breakfast in my opinion because I put Nutella in it but none the less was still a fantastic meal.
Again, this is all just food I had in my house at the time. I substituted what was un the recipe for similar things I had on hand. I would encourage you to get creative and use the foods you have at hand! ex. bananas, nuts, any kind of fruit, cinnamon
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Do you have any smoothie bowl recipes you love? I am always looking for new recipes to try.