Its been exactly a week since New Years Resolutions have been made. Many of us pick the typical: loose weight, be more active, learn an instrument, or eat more healthy. That was the easy part. Now here comes the hard part- actually keeping those resolutions.
We are all guilty of giving up on our resolutions way too soon. This year lets at least try to stick to them.
Here are my tips on making your resolutions stick:
- Make 5 max. resolutions. A mistake many of us make (I know I always do) is to pick too many resolutions. Overload is never the answer. Pick at most 5 resolutions that you really want to focus on and stick with. By focusing on these, you are less likely to get overwhelmed and able to spend more time on each.
- Make a list once a week of tasks relating to your resolutions. If you want to lose weight, it might be “go to the gym and try 2 different fitness classes.” If you want to learn the guitar, it might be ” learn three chords by Friday.”
- Put it in your calendar. Allot a certain amount of time each day/week to your resolutions. Doing this will help you stay focused and on track for success.
- It’s okay if you don’t complete all of them. I know I always get so stressed out over my resolutions because I want to make sure I do all of them. Thats not the point of them though, they shouldn’t stress you out. They are supposed to help you have goals and have fun throughout the year. So, if you don’t complete all of them, don’t worry.
- Have fun! The point is to have fun and do new things. So go out there are kick butt with your resolutions this year.
What are your New Year Resolutions for 2016?